- Where is XBAR in Word?
- How do I make a horizontal bar in Word?
- How do you make a straight slash on the keyboard?
- How do I show fractions in Word?
- How do I find format in Word?
- Where is border and shading in Word?
- When I press enter in Word it goes to the bottom of the page?
- How do you fix a weird page break in Word?
Where is XBAR in Word?
It’s a blue icon with a white “W.” You’ll typically find it on the Dock or in the Applications menu. Type x where you want the X-bar to appear. You can type it anywhere in your document. Press Ctrl + ⌘ Command + Space .
How do I make a horizontal bar in Word?
Insert a Horizontal Line From the Ribbon
- Place your cursor where you want to insert the line.
- Go to the Home tab and then click the dropdown arrow for the Borders option in the Paragraph group.
- Select Horizontal Line from the menu.
- To tweak the look of this horizontal line, double-click the line.
How do you make a straight slash on the keyboard?
Press and hold the “Shift” key, then press the “” key, located above “Enter” or “Return,” to create a straight vertical line.
How do I show fractions in Word?
Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013:
- Place the cursor on the document where you would like to insert a fraction.
- Select “Insert” from the menu.
- Click on Equation in the upper right.
- Select fraction under the Equation Tools option.
- Choose which style fraction you want.
- Insert the numbers into the fraction boxes.
How do I find format in Word?
Open one word document, in the group of the “Menus” tab at the far left of the Ribbon of word you can view the “Format” menu and execute many commands from the drop-down menu of Format.
Where is border and shading in Word?
- Click Home tab.
- Move to Paragraph group.
- Find out the Border and Shading button, and click the down arrow next to it.
- Choose the Border and Shading option, or specify the different border style.
When I press enter in Word it goes to the bottom of the page?
The problem is probably because of a setting in the layout of the page, as defined in your Normal template. (Even if you reinstall the software, the installer doesn’t overwrite an existing copy of the Normal template, so any settings it contained before are still there after the reinstall.)
How do you fix a weird page break in Word?
Adjust automatic page breaks
- Select the paragraph following the unwanted page break.
- On the Format menu, select Paragraph, and then select the Line and Page Breaks tab.
- Clear the Keep lines together, Keep with next, and Page break before check boxes.